If you are a paranormal enthusiast, there is a good chance Scooby-Doo played a significant role in your childhood. This Saturday-morning cartoon series featured teenagers Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, and Norville “Shaggy” Rogers and their talking Great Dane named Scooby-Doo. The crew would solve mysteries involving haunted locations and supernatural creatures through a series of antics and mis-steps.
Another important member of the team is The Mystery Machine, a 1960’s era panel van the crew uses to get around and investigate cases. The vehicle is painted a medium blue with a distinctive horizontal green stripe around the van, adorn with two orange flowers. Each side of the van has a distinctive painted green panel with “THE MYSTERY MACHINE” painted in orange. The front of the van has a spare tire carrier, painted green, with one large orange flower located in the center.
This sweet ride has been the envy of many – young and old alike. Here is your chance to build your very own iconic Mystery Machine to take with you on your many zany adventures.
- Save the image below and print it on a colour printer. Regular paper will work fine, but if you have anything a little heavier (like cardstock), it will improve the durability of your vehicle.
- Cut out around the outline of the van.
- Add glue to the “glue” areas. In a pinch, you could also use a little bit of tape.
- Let it dry and then head out to the nearest abandoned amusement park or old haunted mansion to solve a mystery!
- Be sure to tag us (@hauntedwalk) when sharing your art. We want to marvel at your craftiness…or, at least your attempt.
The next installment in the franchise, Scoob!, is set for digital release on Friday, May 15th.
Please consider purchasing a Haunted Walk gift card to help us through this difficult time. Or, visit our online gift shop to get your “HOME & BORED” rescue pack!